Monday, January 30, 2012

Insult from my sister's sister-in-law?

When insult strikes, what do I do? My sister's sister-in-law came to borrow a DVD from my mom. She saw me and ask if I am working so I answered that I am not working. She laughs and said she is taking it easy and does not work either.



My toddler son wants to go play outside, but I could not play outside with him yet. After going to the beach twice, the mall, and a long day at ChuckeCheese in the previous 3 days, my son is still energetic but I feel tired.



My mom volunteer to bring my son for his bike-ride. My sister's sister-in-law blurted out loud in a looking-down tone "What a LAZY mom!" and she emphasized the word lazy. I feel flustered and wounded by her remark. I tried to hide my hurt feeling with a smile but I retreated back to a room. While I was walking, she repeat the statement with more zest "Whaaat a LAZY mom!!" just to be sure I heard it again.



Thing is, she does not have a child but I did not point that out to her because I do not like to hurt feelings..Insult from my sister's sister-in-law?
Don't be a victim to her rudeness. If it offends you tell her so. She has no business talking to you like that in your mother's house and more importantly if your mother chooses to help you out with your son then it is a matter between mother and daughter and not for her to judge. Next time she says anything make sure you confront her about it. Tell her she can think what she likes because you don't care what she thinks but when she speaks she needs to keep the snide remarks to herself especially as she doesn't have children of her own.

You are not working BECAUSE you have a child, what is her excuse? Laziness?Insult from my sister's sister-in-law?
Good for you, in taking the high road.

Speak to your brother about it? Or is it husband? Sorry I didn't get where you came by such a disgusting member of the family. But speak to whoever made her a part of the family and tell them that her hateful comments hurt you.

If things don't get better... tell her your mind. You can do it civilly. Tell her she ought to be ashamed of herself and probably has no idea whatsoever how energetic a three year old can be.Insult from my sister's sister-in-law?
You should talk to your husband about it and let him know that you do not like be patronized or disrespected and that he should tell his sister to back off.



And I know it's going to be easier said than done, but try to pretend that nothing she says gets under your skin. Your SIL is a b@#tch and she gets off by knowing that she's ticking you off. Let her comments and remarks roll off your back like it's nothing. Pretend that anything she says doesn't phase you. You will notice that she will probably try harder to vex you and get on your nerves, but persist in pretending that nothing she says bothers you. This will turn the tables around and you will have the upper hand. Your SIL will be angry that none of her insults are hurting you and you will end up the one smirking.

No comments:

Post a Comment